Length: 1 hour
Bloodborne Pathogens in the Workplace is designed to provide Students with the essential knowledge necessary to help reduce or eliminate the occupational risk of Bloodborne pathogens. This Training program teaches information that every Employee who has occupational exposure needs to know to avoid accidental exposure to potentially infectious materials and to manage an accidental exposure if one occurs.
- What are Bloodborne Pathogens?
- Specific Bloodborne Pathogens:
- Hepatitis B Virus
- Hepatitis C Virus
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
- Transmitting Bloodborne Pathogens
- Your Employers Exposure Control Plan
- Recognizing the Potential for Exposure
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- When an Exposure Occurs
- Communicating a Hazard in the Workplace
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:24
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Certification is valid for 2 years: Annual training is required for employees with occupational exposure to meet OSHA requirements.