Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) - Certification
Length: 3-4 Hours
This course meets the requirements of the ANSI/ASSE Z390.1-2017 Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide Training. Students gain knowledge through lectures, group discussions, hands-on exercises, equipment demonstrations and" tudent participation with H2S technology.
Students will be evaluated on their knowledge," kills and abilities during the learning" eminar and will complete a final examination.
Upon" uccessful completion of this Course, each Student will have the confidence to work in potentially hazardous H2S environments and will receive a Certification Card with" tatement of Passport Certification. Course delivery is a combination of lecture, group table top exercise," tudent participation, and video.
- What is H2S?
- Common Industrial Sites and Natural Formations where hydrogen" ulfide is found
- Properties and Characteristics of Hydrogen Sulfide and Sulfur Dioxide
- Concentrations/Toxicity Levels
- Health Effects on Individuals
- Methods of Detection and Monitoring of H2S
- Contingency and Emergency Response Plans
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Rescue, First Aid Techniques, and Post Exposure Evaluation
- Work Procedures
- Written Student Final Examination and Course Critique
- ANSI/ASSE Z390.1 2017 Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide Training
- ANSI/ASSE Z490.1-2016 Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training
- 29CFR 1910.38 Emergency Action Plans
- 29CFR 1910.132 Personal Protective Equipment
- 29CFR 1910.134 Respiratory Protection
- 29CFR 1910.151 Medical Services and First Aid
- API RP 49 Recommended Practice for Drilling and Well Servicing Involving Hydrogen Sulfide RP 55
- API RP 55 Recommended Practice for Oil and Gas Producing and Gas Plant Operations Involving Hydrogen Sulfide
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Certification
Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Passport is a Certification Course designed for Students who have the potential to be exposed to H2S in an environment with concentrations greater than the Occupational Exposure Limit. This Course is applicable to all Industries and appropriate for Non-Essential Personnel, Visitors, and Entry Level through Supervisory Level Employees.
Annual Refresher Training is required. Course materials include Student handouts and a final examination. Delivery is accomplished through lecture, hands-on demonstration of monitors and detectors," tudent participation and practice, videotapes, overheads, and" tudent exercises for donning/doffing the" elf-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Instructor to Student Ratio: 1:25
Practical Exam: Written Examination