The best defense for your company is a sound written safety program that incorporates all of the regulations applicable to your business. Do you have a written safety program? If so, then when did you perform your last hazard assessment or evaluate your Personal Protective Equipment Policy?
Most regulations have annual requirements, and yes, you need to know what they are! ASC Program Development is guaranteed to get you on the right track and to meet all Federal and State OSHA standards!
Every company shoud have a Written Safety Manual, not only because it is required by OSHA, but because it is simply the right thing to do! A Safety Manual will tell you, your Employees, your Customers, and all regulatory agencies exactly how your company handles safety issues by way of policies and procedures. It is essentially a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Health, Safety, Envrionmental, and Security concerns.
What does a Safety Manual cover?
- Health, Safety, Enviromental, and Security Policies and Procudures
- Hazard Assessments
- Safe Work Practices
- Personal Protective Equipment Gusers_idelines
- Preventative Maintenance
- Training Requirements
- Incident Investigation and Reporting
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Substance Abuse Policies and Procedures
- Case Management
- and more...
How we can help?
- Tailor your Safety Manual to the work your company performs
- Customize with your logo and name of your company
- Binded, on thumb drive, emailed, or all
- English or Spanish
- Get your company OSHA Compliant
A Safety Meeting can definitely be a means to help fulfill your training requirements, or it can be used as a refresher, a way to get everyone on the same page, a great opportunity to simply get your people together, or it can be utilized for all these reasons.
Safety Meetings primarily serve as a preventative measure against bad communication, unsafe acts, and non-compliance with regulatory requirements by simply educating employees on what's the latest, do's and dont's, what's what, and who, what, where, when, and why?!
Management, Operations, and your Safety Department can use Safety Meetings as a communication tool for your employees in order to perform jobs safer and more efficiently. Safety Meetings will also allow employees an opportunity to relay Health, Safety, Envrionmental, and Security concerns or ideas for improvement to their superiors.
The topics discussed in Safety Meetings may be ones you already know plenty about or even topics that you have very little knowledge about, regardless, we can always learn something in an learning environment, so keep an open mind.
How we can help?
- We can come to you and conduct the Safety Meeting
- We can email you a Montly Topic so you can conduct you own Safety Meeting
- We can help answer questions about what is or is not requred
- We can store your training documentation in our database for easy reporting
- We can customize a Safety Meeting for your company
Safety Management Sytem
Safety Management System (SMS) is a business approach to safety and it is globally becoming a standard throughout all industries. SMS is the next step in the evolution of safety in the Oil & Gas Industry and it is also becoming a standard for the management of safety well beyond Oil & Gas. Similar management systems are being utilized in other critical industries and professions such as aviation, quality, occupational safety and health, security, environment, etc.
SMS provides a systematic, explicit, and comprehensive process for managing safety risks by identifying hazards and controling risks while maintaining assurance that these risk controls are effective. As with all management systems, a safety management system provides for goal setting, planning, and measuring performance.A Safety Management System is woven into the fabric of an organization, and it becomes part of the culture, simply the way people do their jobs. SMS emphasizes safety management as a fundamental business process in the same aspect as any other business management process.
What does a Safety Management System (SMS) do for you company?
- A structured decision making means of safety risk management
- A proactive means of demonstrating safety management capability before incidents occur
- Risk mitigation controls though structured safety assurance processes
- An effective knowledge sharing platform
- A framework to support a solid safety culture
Internal Audits (Health, Safety, Envrionmental, and Security Audits)
When is the last time you audited your own company? Do you know if you have eveything you need in place or even if the systems and documentation that you do have in place are correct or sufficient?You must regularly examine the quality and effectiveness of your Health, Safety, Envrionmental, and Security Policies and Procedures.
- It is an essential component of a successful and effective Safety Management System
- Demonstrates managements commitment to Health, Safety, Envrionmental, and Security of its Employees, the Safety Committee, Customers, etc.
- Facilitates improvements to the Safety Management System
- Identifies gaps in your Safety Program and Human Resources
- Systems can become outdated or forgotten about over time and need to be reviewed periodically
What are the Training Requirements for your line of work? How often do you need training? What training does your company need to be compliant?
Many OSHA standards explicitly require employers to train employees in the safety and health aspects of their specific job(s). Other OSHA standards make it the employer's responsibility to limit certain job assignments to employees who are "certified," "competent," or "qualified." Employers are required to ensure their work force has received the appropriate training and are qualified to perform assigned tasks.
The following matrix is only a basic reference tool but it will definitley help!